Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sickness rules the day

Today three of us are home sick.  The R man is the only one who made it school/work.  He honestly wasn't real happy about having to go to school while the rest of us were staying home. 

Princess is on day 4 of her illness and we're going back to the doctor in a bit.  Steven is on day 2 but so far is too stubborn to go to the doctor.  I think he has the flu but if he wants to lay on the couch and be miserable, I guess he can!  I'm probably the least sick of the three of us but as soon as I get Princess to the doctor and back, I'm going to take a nice long nap.

The thing about being sick is it makes you appreciate being healthy, which most of the time we take for granted.  And isn't that the way life usually is?  We take the good things for granted as normal until they are no longer there and then we realize how blessed we are to have them.  I know I always say I'm going to do better at being thankful, but pretty soon the day to day takes over and I'm right back to where I was before.  But for today anyway, I'm grateful for our normally healthy, hectic lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment