Thursday, March 3, 2011

Names have been changed to protect the innocent

I've been having so much fun blogging.  Even if no one reads it but me, I know in a year's time I'll enjoy looking back and reliving my life through these posts. 

However, just as there are many positives in blogging, there are some dangers that I need to be aware of.  I had been using all of our real names--mine, Hubby's, the kids....until I read some articles about online predators using that information to endanger bloggers or their loved ones. 

I know I'm probably just being overly cautious--the likelihood of something bad happening is remote--but so be it.  From now on, I'll be using nicknames for everyone.  Maybe I'll change my mind later, maybe not.

Anyway, I hope you'll continue to enjoy the posts, even without "real" names!

No comments:

Post a Comment