Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Parenting is....

Depending on what day of the week it is or, sometimes, even what hour of the day it is, I could complete that sentence many different ways.  It's fun, joyous, maddening, frustrating, confusing, disappointing, exhilarating, scary, sweet, beautiful....I could go on and on! 

I've heard it said that kids don't come with an instruction manual.  Situations arise and you just hope you are saying the right things, doing the right things for your child and their current situation.

This past week has been one where I've certainly felt many of the emotions listed above and also wished I had an instruction manual to help me out.  I've had to navigate my way through a tricky parenting situation.  It's been frustrating for me and I hope I'm helping my child through this in the best way I can.   Because I don't have the previously-mentioned instruction manual, however, I've had to rely heavily on my mother's example (and it's a great one) and lots of prayer!!  That hasn't made it easy but it has been easier. 

As my kids grow older, I know there will be many more situations that arise where I will feel as if I'm flying blind.  I hope that I guide them and help them navigate the trickiest parts of growing up.  And thankfully I know God will guide me through the crazy job of parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment