Monday, February 21, 2011

Girls weekend

This weekend was a great one!  I had ordered tickets for Princess and I to see "Beauty and the Beast" at the Civic Center in January.  A couple of weeks ago, we decided to make an overnight trip out of it.  Friday evening, we met up with Princess's bestie AJ, AJ's mom and two older sisters.  We ate at Cheesecake Factory (yummy!), went to Build-A-Bear (of course), and drove to Bricktown to see Gnomeo and Juliet.  The girls all had such a great time and were so excited to be together in Oklahoma City!

After finally calming them down for the evening, we sacked out.  Their mom had warned me that her girls woke up early and she was right!  About 7:00, the younger girls were up and needed everyone else to get up as well.  I was greeted with the hearty "cock-a-doodle doo!" in my ear before she herded them out of the room for breakfast downstairs. 

We met up with more friends for lunch and then were off to see "Beauty and the Beast".  Princess really enjoyed it.  It's so fun to watch her at the shows.  She claps, cheers, and laughs.  The sweetest part of this show was her reaching out to hold my hand during the show.  The whole time I kept thinking, "Hold on to this moment."  I know one day way too soon she will be too old to want to cuddle and hold my hand during the show.  She won't be as interested in hanging out with dear old mom like she is now. 

So I cuddled and held hands and loved every single minute of it.  The weekend was very special to me.  I got to hang out with my great friend Shelly and her beautiful daughters.  But the best part was spending time with Princess and being a part of her bonding with her friends.  I love you Princess--  I'm so glad you're mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment